Header Ads

Ace: 'I'm Really Happy With How The Record Has Turned Out'

interview from ultimate-guitar.com

After twenty years, legendary guitarist Ace Frehley finally emerges with a brand new solo album titled Anomaly. As one of the most beloved personalities in rock ‘n’ roll, Frehley’s the man behind not only Kiss’ iconic logo, but also the all-time stadium anthem "

UG: Anomaly sees you return in fine form, you must be very happy with the result?

Ace Frehley: Absolutely, I’m really happy with how the record has turned out. It was a labor of love for me. I may have taken a long time to put it all together, but hopefully it will be worth the wait. I believe this record will be another landmark in my career. And I really think everybody is going to be very happy with it…well, I hope they are, because it is really the best I could do at this point in my life.

How did the songwriting process evolve considering it took so long to make this album?

Most of the songs were written between 2004 to the present. There is one track called “Sister” which I wrote back in the mid-1990s and "Foxy & Free" is another from that period, but everything else was pretty much written after 2004.

You produced the album but Marti Frederiksen produced the Sweet cover, why did you decide he should produce that track?

Because the record was already produced when I first brought it to Marti and while he and Anthony Focx were mixing it, we pretty much decided it would be a good idea to have a cover song on the record. Marti played bass and sang background harmonies on the cover and he programmed all the drums. Basically the only thing we did subsequently to that day was that I just redid the guitar solo once and we added live drums.

Click to read the complete interview at ultimate-guitar.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.