Header Ads

Gene Simmons speaks out on success | Music | Entertainment | Toronto Sun

If there's one thing KISS's Gene Simmons knows how to do, it's wag his tongue.

So it only makes sense that the multi-tasking entertainer and businessman has recently added a new credit to his lengthy resumé: Motivational speaker.

"I love the sound of my own voice, as you can imagine," says Simmons of his Rich & Famous Speaking Engagements. "So part of it is about me. But it's also about my path to success.

"When I was growing up, I read the newspapers. I would watch television. I would see celebrities and successful people. But they were always mythical people. You never got a chance to sit in the room and listen to them talk about their path. And everybody's path is different. There's no secret to success. No magic bullet. There are only time-tested and true pieces of the puzzle that can impact and increase your chances of becoming more successful -- or, in my language, make more cash.

"I'm not here to talk about spiritual or relationship issues. I may not be the most qualified person in the world on that," admits Simmons, whose 28-year relationship with Canadian beauty Shannon Tweed seems to have "pretty much unraveled," if you believe what she said during a tense TV appearance the pair made earlier this week.

But cashing in is something at which the 61-year-old Israeli immigrant-turned-Beverly Hills resident is indisputably a master. Nearly 40 years after their formation, KISS remain one of rock's biggest bands and brands, with 3,000 licensed products from condoms to caskets ("We'll get you coming and going," Gene quips). He also stars in the longest-running celebrity reality-TV show Family Jewels, about to begin its latest season. Between those gigs, he presides over the Canadian-based Simmons Records, pitches a variety of products, and is preparing to launch a chain of theme restaurants and a TV talent show.

But he's still willing to make time to pick up $100,000 for talking about how he got rich enough to charge $100,000 for talking about how he got rich.

Before winging to Winnipeg to put his mouth where his money is, Gene shared his keys to success, told me what's wrong with Men Without Hats and explained why I should change my name.


Read more of "Gene Simmons speaks out on success" | Music | Entertainment | Toronto Sun

No comments

Powered by Blogger.