Header Ads

Nick Simmons Apologizes for Alleged Plagiarism

On Monday, March 1, 2010, Nick Simmons issued a statement: “Like most artists I am inspired by work I admire. There are certain similarities between some of my work and the work of others. This was simply meant as an homage to artists I respect, and I definitely want to apologize to any Manga fans or fellow Manga artists who feel I went to far. My inspirations reflect the fact that certain fundamental imagery is common to all Manga.”

Some fans are not buying it. “Note that he doesn’t acknowledge he went beyond ‘homage’ to flat-out copies,” wrote Johanna Draper Carlson, who frequently reviews manga series at comicsworthreading.com. One Web site, magnetic-rose.net, has side-by-side comparisons and overlays of art from “Incarnate” and “Bleach.”
- nytimes.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.